Tuesday, June 30, 2009

From All of Us


Last week was my Dad's birthday and I made him this adorable card from my family. I used the fun All in the Family stamp set from SU! and the All in the Family Sentiments. I had a little trouble matching up the arms and heads to the bodies at first, but then I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig and it was so easy! I think that this is our first "family portrait" since the baby was born! I made the card long enough to fit into a legal size envelope, I had some colored envies that I had bought and I figured I would need to make the card long to fit all 7 of us and our cat! I think it is fun to make this size card, it is different and unexpected.
I used my SU! scallop punch and circle punches for mounting the sentiment. The solid cardstock is SU! and the patterned paper is from Pink Cat Studio.
Hope you enjoyed, thanks for looking!
~melanie

4 comments:

Michelle J. said...

Melanie...this is SUCH a cute card! I have that all in the family set too, but never thought to use it like this. Adorable!

Jen Dunham said...

I like your "family portrait." It is cute! You're very creative and come up with the cutest designs!

Anonymous said...

Soo cute, you should make one to frame. I love it. Elaine

Jenny said...

Your family portrait looks like mine! I have 5 children as well with the youngest 10 months old. I also stamped our "family portrait" on the back of the envelopes for our Christmas cards. It took forever!