Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Flexible Friends

I saw this super cute stamp set at MFT (My Favorite Things) and knew I had to have it, and knew who I would make my first card with this set for. My friend, Gail, who is my yoga instructor.


I wanted to color the image with my copics, but am new to them and have limited colors, so I went with pink, brown and purple. So I chose pink and brown for my background colors. I like purple, but don't usually like how my cards come out when I use purple paper...(a new challenge I suppose). I also knew that I wanted to sew with this card, this is a new technique that I have been doing and is super fun for me!
The sentiment was stamped on white paper which I cut and mounted to look like ribbon. Finished it off with a big pink button and brown embroidery floss.

Then I popped this beauty in the snail mail. What a nice surprise at the mailbox, huh?

Well, thanks for popping in, have a peaceful day!
~melanie

No comments: