Sunday, May 6, 2012

More cards!

I made more cards this weekend!  Woo hoo!
I was so excited to get down to some business!  I made 2 new cards.  

The first is a birthday card.  I wanted to use some DSP to make a ribbon for behind my birthday label.  I just cut a strip of Stampin' Up paper and cut a V shape at one end.  I used MFT dies to create the Happy Birthday label.  (all of the paper is Stampin' Up)  I decided to jazz up the label with some buttons that were threaded with embroidery floss.  For some dimension, the label is popped up with foam tape dimensionals.  
To jazz up my background I used Papertrey Inks circle background stamps to stamp the top portion of the card.  I still felt it was too plain, so I used one of papertrey inks edgers border dies to cut the bottom edge of the card, and I layered some dark purple paper behind.


 The second card uses the same paper, that often happens when making cards because I use what is out and go with the flow!  I wanted to use these adorable paper cup stamps and dies from Papertrey Ink.  I punched them out with my Big Shot and then stamped the cup image and used different colors for the paper holders.  I had another piece of that pink polka doted paper laying there, so I grabbed it and matted it with white cardstock.  I was trying to use "the rule of threes" on both of these cards...where you use a color three times throughout the card for a more complete look.  I used the purple ink to make a strip of circles using one of the stamps from the same Papertrey Ink set as the circles above.  And I used the purple again for the sentiment and for one of the cups.  The pink is obviously in the polka dot paper, in one of the cups and in the 2 rhinestones I added next to my sentiment.  The green is in the background paper, the paper cup and then I decided the card was kind of boring and I wanted to add a little something, but not buttons, so I picked ribbon.  I cut a 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon and attached it to my paper with staples, yup, just plain, average staples.  I was pleased with the final product.


What do you think?  Do you also find yourself making multiple cards with similar paper when you have it out?  I would like to hear how you tend to create.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a great one!
~Melanie

No comments: