Saturday, May 31, 2008

Congratulations Kerri!


This past weekend, one of the PCT's I work with graduated from Nursing school. I made this card for her from all of us at work.
I had a lot of fun making this card because I used a technique that I had not really done much of before. I watercolored the image. Of course I water colored as a kid, but now am so much more concious of the lines of the image! And of course since this was made especially for someone, I had to get it perfect. (this painted image was #3, numbers 1 and 2 never made it to be mounted!)
I used Wild Wasabi cardstock as a base for this card. The patterned paper is from the Hostess level 1: Prints Pack Designer Series Paper, in Real Red. Using watercolor paper, I stamped the image with a stamp from my Merci set using Stazon Ink in black.
To color the image I used my SU markers in Real Red, Yo Yo Yellow and Garden Green to color in some areas of the image, then I blended using my Aqua painter pens. Once the water had dried, I covered the hearts and the flower using Crystal Effects to add dimension and shine.
I used the Horizontal Slot punch to take a nip out of the side of the card, then 1/4 inch Basic Black grosgrain ribbon and Real Red eyelets for extra bling. Then I mounted the stamped image using Dimensionals.
Of course the card was really completed once everyone had signed it!
I hope she enjoys it!

No comments: