Friday, May 9, 2008

Mother's Day!


Well, Mother's Day is almost here. Last weekend my sisters and I got together to make mothers day cards. This is my Mom's card.

I used my new stamp set again: SU! Blooming with Love. Paper in Earth Elements colors: Cameo coral, ruby red and old olive paper, as well as the whisper white. I colored with markers in colors cameo coral, ruby red, old olive and summer sun. The ribbon is 1/4 " white grosgrain.

We actually had our Mother's Day last weekend over at my mom's house. The weekend after Mother's day we will have dinner at my in-laws. This is the card I made for my DMIL.



Use the same stamp set! (LOVE IT) I also used my scallop punch... just got it... so much fun!

A neat trick: used my marker in Lovely lilac to color my white ribbon. You can now make any color ribbon! Paper is SU whisper white, lovely lilac and orchid opulence, as well as random DP. Also a purple random brad for my flower center. On this card, I used a black pencil to shade in my watering can. Experimented with a ripping technique for a little drama. I was not crazy about this card at first, but when it all came together I was really happy.

Have you all made your Mom's cards yet? A little homemade gift of love! :)

No comments: