Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Little Birdie Told Me

I love this stamp set. It is so cute. It comes with the saying "a little birdie told me..." with the large bird. There is also a smaller bird that faces to the left. Accessory stamps include a flower, umbrella and a birthday hat. Other stamps that are included say "about your good news", "you're under the weather", "it's your birthday" etc. It has so many uses.
For this card, I stamped the image, colored the bird yellow and then used my craft knife to cut the wing and the tail feathers so they are slightly raised up. I used a paper piecing technique for the umbrella. I stamped the image on my white card stock, then I stamped it on the designer paper and cut it out. I overlayed the cut image onto the original! Too cute.
I used my SU scallop punch to make the scalloped circle and then the regular circle punch to make the white center. I also used 3 eyelets in yo-yo yellow for added flair. They matched the circles on the DP.
Thanks for looking!
~melanie

No comments: