Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sneak Peek

Okay, here it is... the first card I made with my new stamp set.! The one that is not even available yet. This is your sneak peak to the new catalog ( coming August 11th!).

Okay, let me tell you a little about this card. I really wanted to use my new stamp set, the new in colors and only SU! stuff.
So.... I used very vanilla cardstock for the card base (standard card size - folded to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches). Then I wanted to use the paper from the new Bella Rose Designer Series paper pack, so I cut a piece 3 3/4 x 5 inches to center on the vanilla cardstock.
The ribbon is Regal Rose 5/8 inch grosgrain ribbon.
Then I cut a piece of the new Kiwi Kiss paper in a rectangle. I used my Old Olive pen to make foux stitching in 2 corners.
The stamp is from the Dreams Du Jour stamp set, stamped on vanilla cardstock in Kiwi Kiss ink, then colored with old olive on the leaves and for the flowers I used 2 markers and overlapped them to get the dark pink color I wanted - pink passion and cameo coral.
I matted the stamped image on Pink Pirouette paper and then placed it on the Kiwi Kiss rectangle using dimensionals.
I really had no plan for this card, other than wanting to use only new stuff. I fiddled with it for over a half an hour and then ended up with this. I really do like the end result though, and I hope you do too.
Keep posted for further sneak peeks!
~ melanie

No comments: