Thursday, September 4, 2008

I have to say that this cute box was CASED from a friend of mine... Selene (http://stampinfunwithselene.blogspot.com). She had this really cute box called and she was calling it birthday in a box. It contained a hostess cupcake a candle and a pack of matches. I thought that was so cute that I wanted to make one for my friend. I used Kiwi Kiss card stock and Riding Hood Red. I did not have dimensions for the box, so I kind of winged it. I used my scallop edge punch (NEW) to make the scallop edge on the top of the box and I also used it on the Bella Rose DP on top. I punched a Kiwi Kiss circle scallop, a riding hood red circle and then a smaller Pink Pirouette paper. The saying is stamped in Kiwi Kiss using an older SU! set - it says Joyful Wishes. Lastly, I used a piece of 5/8 inch grosgrain in Regal Rose to tie around the box. I think it is such a cute idea, thanks Selene!

Oh, I am also very happy to say that I have replaced my stolen cell phone and now I am reachable again. Sorry to any inconvenience to anyone.
I have had a little stamp time this week, so I plan to post more later. I have my daughter Lily's bday invites and her card to show using great new cupcake stamps! fun! And am working on a great composition notebook for my stepdaughter Emily.
happy stampin'
~melanie

No comments: