Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fall in New England!

I LOVE fall in New England! It is so beautiful. Not to mention the fresh, brisk air. I am sad this year though, because it seems half of the leaves have already fallen from the trees.


This card thought is my new favorite card. I made it using all of the "fall" colors. It is all SU! products also. The card Base is Chocolate Chip cardstock ( Love it! ) For the front base I used Dusty Durango and my versa stamp to randomly stamp the leaf image. I colored my tree stamp (Forest Friends stamp set) with my SU markers and stamped it on whisper white paper. Using sponge daubers and my ink pads in Dusty Durango and Crushed Curry I sponged a border around the tree. Matted the image on Crushed Curry and then used 5/8" grossgrain ribbon in Chocolate Chip!
I used my Modern Label Punch to punch out my sentiment.
I am so excited about the inside of my card. I often leave the inside of the card without sentiments, but try to put some design inside. I again used sponge daubers on whisper white paper to make the left edge and then again stamped my leaf stamp, but this time with my Dusty Durango ink pad.

I hope you like this card. I had so much fun making it with my sponge daubers. It makes me want to go outside and play in the leaves. It is sunny here today, so maybe I will get the kids and do just that.
Thanks for looking!
~melanie

No comments: