Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Pink Sunflower

Celebrate Sunflowers - Stampin' Up!  At first I didn't pay much attention to the set.  Then I saw my friend on a video and she had a bag of precut pieces that she hadn't used and she pulled out this black outline and I was like I love that.  And it turns out it was the sunflower die outline.  It would make a great background layer for a card...will have to work on that!


So now that I knew I liked that sunflower die, I wanted to see what else was out there for cards that were made with this stamp set.  I googled it and found a beautiful blue sunflower card!  You can see my inspiration here.   I hadn't thought about making it any color other than a sunflower color!  So i was sold!  Into my cart this set went along with the dies of course!  When it came I was itching to use it!  And I had to color with my new stamping blend markers also!  This one was made with melon mambo and bronze and ivory, and the leaves with old olive.  It was so much fun to color this in.  I decided to decorate the inside of the card as well.  I always like to put a layer inside my cards as well, I feel like it is too plain without it.  So why not pretty it up too?  


This was the sketch I used to plan my design.  Think outside of the box!  Just because a layer is shown as a rectangle, doesn't mean it can't be a flower!  A little crumb cake cardstock and DSP in melon mambo.  And of course embellishments,  some twill and pearls to finish it off!  I really love how this card turned out.

Another tip...while you are stamping and die cutting make extras.  I stamped these flowers four times and colored in 4 different colors.  That way I have them ready when I want to make a card!  

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Melanie



No comments: