Saturday, April 25, 2009

Dahlia Fold Flower


This card made by my sister Chrissy last time we got together uses the Dahlia Fold technique found here http://www.cardsandcrafts.freeservers.com/dahlia.html It looks really impressive and difficult, but is very easy, just a little time consuming. It works best with double sided designer series paper, here she used paper from SU's Bella Rose collection. She also coordinated cardstock by using Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip and Riding Hood Red. She stamped the image in chocolate chip ink. The pearl used in the middle was actually a bead from a dress or a purse that one of my daughters had that had broken!
I love this card. I am posting it today because 2 of my sisters are coming over tonight for Scrapbook night! I love getting together sharing ideas and sharing creativity. I'll post some of tonight's work this week.
~thanks for looking
~melanie

No comments: