Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hello Again!

Hi, I am back. I have not posted in 3 months, have been super busy!


This last week I have decided to get back into things. I think it is spring and that motivates people to get moving, it certainly has me. I have been doing work on my basement craft room and have made 4 new cards this week for no reason other than wanting to!


I chose to work on birthday cards because I can always use those and sometimes at the last minute I realize I have no cards!


I love Taylored Expressions website http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/ and I really was inspired by her layout challenge TECC62


this is one of the cards I made with it....


This card is made with all Stampin' Up! products:

*I started with a 6 x 12 piece of Riding Hood Red cardstock folded to make a 6X6 card.

*I really wanted to use the polka dot paper from the Rockabilly Specialty paper pack. So I cut it 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 and then cut 2 squares of the red dotted paper from the same pack.

*I stamped the ladybug from the Hostess level 1 set Darling Dots one whisper white cardstock and punched it out in a circle, layered on a circle of black dotted paper and finally layered on a scallop punched riding hood red paper. the center is mounted using dimensionals.

*I really love paper punches and you can see I used alot on this card. I used the horizontal slot punch on the upper left of the card and thread my white 1/4" gross grain ribbon, which I tied in a knot, added a second white knot and a black one.

*The sentiment is stamped from the Happy Everything set. The happy was done with white craft stamp pad, and the everything was done in riding hood red on whisper white paper and punched out with the Word Window punch and adhered to the card with my snail adhesive.

*Inside the card I mounted a piece of 5x5 whisper white paper so I could write inside when I am ready to deliver the card. I stamped another ladybug in the lower right hand corner of the card inside.



I really like this card and I know just who I am going to give it to!



Thanks for looking!



Happy Stampin! and Happy Easter to all!



~melanie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it!