Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Birthday Bella!



My sister Kim's birthday is July 4th. This year I decided to NOT make her a red, white and blue card...I bet she has had enough of those!

I love bella stamps, this one is cakeabella and she is so cute!

I ALWAYS use Stampin' Up! cardstock, it is so nice and thick and comes in so many colors, this one is Ruby Red. The DSP is also from SU, it is textured and the cherries shine. Unfortunately this DSP is retired, but there are so many new choices in the new catalog!
The sentiment is from SU! set Heard from the Heart (page 142 of new catty)

I then used my SU markers to color the image, I did use 2 markers for her hair and 2 for her apron, I did not like my original color choices so I had to color over them to make a new color. I like the results.

To accessorise this bella, I used a SU! Playground Designer button (pg 181 of catty) and some hemp twine. Popped up on a glue dot and all set!

I really liked the final card! Before I could give it to my sister, the kids knocked it off of the desk, ran it over with the computer chair and then the baby tried to eat off the button! I think Kim loved it anyways!

Thanks for looking!



2 comments:

Family Fun said...

VERY cute card, Melanie!

laurie said...

I like your layout...cute card! I had to chuckle at what happened to it!