Sunday, April 11, 2010

Friends

I love the colors on this card! Everything is from Stampin' Up! Olive green which has quickly become a favorite of mine, Rich Razzleberry and pink pirouette. The stamp set Vague Vintage was not a set I immediately thought I wanted. Then I started to see cards with it and liked it, bought it and now love it!

The really neat part of this card is the flower. My friend told me about the technique and I could not wait to try it. It really is quite simple, but looks dramatic. I used my flower punch and punched out 3 Rich Razzleberry Flowers and one in Old Olive. I took the Razzleberry flowers and crumpled them up really good. Then I carefully pulled apart the 2 layers of paper. The inside is suede - like. I turned rough side up and put the old olive on the bottem, used a cute pink brad in the center and fanned out the razzleberry paper. If the flower flattens out, all you need to do is rough it up a little. So cute and so easy!

For the rest of the card, I used the vine image in the set to make a design on the old olive card base. And on my white cardstock, I sponged the sides with old olive to make it more antique looking and less "in your face" white. I really enjoy playing with this set and look forward to making more cards for my friends.

Have a great Sunday!
~Melanie

1 comment:

Jen Dunham said...

Hi Mel,
I really like the colors on this card. I love the purple flower that you put on with the gem in the middle. Looks lovely!