Saturday, February 5, 2011

I love Papertrey Ink!



I have been following Dawn McVey's blog for quite some time now. I really love her stuff. I kept thinking I need to try some of those Papertrey Ink stamps, and I have "window shopped" on their site many times. Finally last month I decided I actually needed to order! I used my Christmas cash and ordered a couple of stamp sets, some coordinating dies, ribbon, buttons and a package of paper. How exciting, and quite a good deal for my cash! I couldn't wait to get busy with it.
These 2 cards are my first two projects with my PTI stamps and paper. I made 2 birthday cards for some girls at work.

This first card uses a set from last July called Just the Ticket. I love the coordinating ticket die cut. It is really neat to be able to design your own tickets. For the above card I chose to do a Happy Birthday ticket and I used lemon tart and lavender moon paper. The patterned paper is from Stampin' Up! I used my More Mustard SU marker to color my stamps and stamped the sentiment , border and stars onto my ticket. Then I used some Lavender Moon Satin Ribbon and a button from the Spring Mix Collection.

The second card is a bright cheery card. I used Berry Sorbet paper for a card base and used a versa ink pad to stamp the squiggly image from the Little Bitty Bird Set. I stamped the tree onto white cardstock and I used Lemon tart paper again to use the bird dies to cut these cute little guys which I then stamped with my little birdie image. I again used the spring mix buttons and some Lemon Tart Saddle Stitch Ribbon.

So these are my favorite cards from my PTI cards because these are my first cards! But I love the products and I know there will be many more!

Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoyed them and I really hope my friends from work enjoyed receiving them!
~melanie :)

No comments: