Monday, February 21, 2011

Sharing in Your Sorrow

Today I am sharing a sympathy card that I made at the request of my friend. I decided to make it with teal and pink and make it elegant and simple. I like simple for sympathy cards. And for some reason, sympathy cards always seem to contain some type of plant life, trees, flowers, etc.

I used my SU! markers to color my stamp and then stamped it on whisper white card stock, this was matted on taken with teal and then placed on a craft card base. For the sentiment, I stamped on whisper white and punched it with my label punch. Then I punched a second label punch in taken with teal and cut out the middle section so i could use the edges of the stamp to shadow the main label punch. A tiny pink flower button, to mimic the flowers in the main stamped image is held in place with a glue dot. Finally I used this sheer pink ribbon from Michael's (I know that I have shown you this ribbon many times before- I love using it!)

I have had a great holiday weekend so far. I have been escaping to my craft room frequently and have been pretty busy. I hope to share some of my projects with you this week. Keep posted!

Have a great day!
~Melanie

No comments: