Saturday, July 23, 2011

more contest cards



Okay, I decided to post the 2 other cards I made, although they are not really my favorites. These are for the challenge at Papertrey ink today. Check out Nichole Heady's blog for more info!

Below is challenge # Punch a window from you card cover and tie ribbon or twine from the window to the side of your card. I started fooling around with this idea and then saw a big yellow flower I had cut with my cricut machine. So I thought I would use the window as the center of my flower. Then my ribbon would be the seem and petals of my flower. It seemed a little plain, so I chose some lavender paper and used my SU scallop punch in the center of the flower and again punched my center. So I used the lavender ink to stamp my Papertrey ink sentiment of Happy Birthday. Kind of a cute card...

My last card for today is a sympathy card. I needed one to send out this week, so I figured that I would make my card while doing one of the challenges. Below is for challenge # 5 to take a solid shape and create a custom "faux" border! I saw a heart stamp laying on my desk and decided to use it on the bottom of the card. I stamped it multiple times across the bottom of the card and then decided I should trim the edge a little, and I think I trimmed off too much! oops. The stamp for this card is SU, and the sentiment is MFT, a new set I just got.

Well, not bad, I have 4 cards on my first day of vacation. I have a few more cards on my list that I need to make, so hopefully I can steal away to my basement craft room some more over the next few days!

No comments: