Sunday, August 17, 2008

Another "new stamp" card

I made this card with two of SU! new stamp sets: the saying is from Heard from the Heart and the circle stamp is from Wow Flowers.
I stamped the circle in Tangerine Tango and used the circle punch to cut it out. Then I used Kiwi Kiss to punch a larger circle. They are mounted on dimensionals and placed on a Whisper White scallop punch.
The main card is Tangerine Tango. I cut an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper lengthwise on 4 1/4 to give me a 4 1/4 x 11 piece of card stock. I folded it to create a traditional size 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 card but in a nontraditional layout. I then used my new scallop punch to cut one end of the 4 1/4 end to create a scalloped edge. I then cut a piece of whisper white paper to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 to mount to the inside right of my card. When the card is closed the white edge shows behind the scallop side.
Then I cut 2 ribbons and tied them around the inside of the card to the left of the front.
The saying is stamped inside the card in kiwi kiss.
Thanks for looking!
~melanie

No comments: