Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hoppy Birthday

Sorry for the fuzzy photo, it was taken with my phone. This card was made for my nephew who turned 5 in July.

Recipe:

Stamps: I love the fun image from Pink Cat Studio it is so adorable.
Ink: I colored the image with my Stampin' Up! markers. I didn't want my boy to "float" so I drew a line and colored the grass with Garden Green and used some Old Olive to add specks of grass to eliminate the plain-ness of one color. For the sky I used bashful blue and my sponge to sponge a light color over the white. My little frog is also Garden Green. The boy is colored with Soft Suede, Blush Blossom, Not Quite Navy and Cherry Cobbler. I roughed up the edges of the main image with my fingernail and then sponged the edges of the card to make it look rougher because this card is for a rough and tough boy!
Paper: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler and Barely Banana.
Accessories: Certainly Celery button, Linen thread

I know that I used alot of different colors from a lot of different color families for this card, but I find that many of the colors blend well together and even though I am using different shades, there are the same basic colors: i.e. olive green blends well with certainly celery. So don't be afraid to mix and match.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this card. I am now getting ready to spend the day at the lake with my family and 2 of my sisters and their families. So have a great day and I hope you pop by again soon.

Hoppy Stampin'!
~melanie :)

No comments: