Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Spinner Card

This card I gave to my friend Lisa for her birthday. It was the first card I made with the spinner set from SU! The spinner uses a brad in the center and the little arrow. You can point it to whatever you want it to say. The set has 4 stamps, 2 square and 2 circle with different holidays/reasons to celebrate. It is fun. I used my markers to color the stamp because I wanted a multi colored stamp. I used this coral paper which I love! (too bad it is discontinued) and I paired it with So Saffron Yellow and pink. I versa stamped the cupcake wheel onto the coral paper and then used the scallop border punch along the top edge. The button is from Paper Trey Ink and the thread is embroidery thread, which I bought a whole bunch of in different colors to use with my buttons.Inside the card I stamped a make a wish sentiment that I bought in the dollar bin at Michaels and I used my new cupcake punch from SU! to make this die cut cupcake! How cute!My daughter Lily was in my craft room with me that day and she wanted to make a card too. This image is from Michael's $1 stamp bin. It is a great stamp with a big holder on top, perfect for kids to grip. She then colored with markers, used my 2" SU! circle punch to punch out the image and layered it on real red card stock.
My friend Lisa is in FLA right now, she was supposed to be enjoying a vacation with her family, but her Grams ended up in the hospital and is very sick, so if you could just say a prayer for Lisa and her 2 little girls, that would be great.
Thanks for stopping by today, have a nice Sunday!
~Melanie






1 comment:

Elaine said...

Pretty cards Mel. I love what you do.