Thursday, March 3, 2011

Red, Pink and White...


but not another Valentine's Day card! I did make this the same time as I made some of my Valentine's day cards though, hence the red and white colors. When I have my paper out, I tend to just keep going with it. The idea for this card was CASED over at splitcoaststampers.com. Unfortunately, I do not remember who posted the original. I really liked the buttons over the flower look, so I punched out 9 Real Red flowers and used a variety of pink and white buttons to layer. I found a cute little white heart button that I used for the center. (I did say it was near Valentine's Day!)
So I decided to make this a birthday card and stamped the bday image. I made a pretty lacey bottom to the white layer and mounted a pink background at the top. Finally I used my Real Red grosgrain ribbon and made a knot. I really love Real Red, I love the bright crispness of the red color!
Well, it will be about 10 degrees today here in Massachusetts, so much for my hopes of spring coming early! My friend is swimming in FLA right now, 80 degrees! She is wearing a bathing suit and I will be wearing long johns! Well, next week she better bring back some of that sunshine and warm weather!
Thanks for stopping by, and have a nice day! :)
~melanie

No comments: