Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Birthday Butterflies....

are flying by! I have been using a lot of butterflies lately, I know. But, it's Spring! :)
Did not really feel like it today though, a little rainy and cool and raw. But April Showers bring May Flowers right? I told my daughter, lets just think of this as a nice drink for the trees and plants. She agreed. But now they need a little sun! (me too)
About my card today:
So, I used my scallop border punch on the bottom of the blue card stock. Then I used purple polka dotted designer paper behind. I wanted to do some nice yellow butterflies and did a little purple for contrast. The butterflies are made with my SU embossing/die cutter. So cute and full of texture. I used my SU faux pearls to be the "bodies" of my butterflies and to accent my Birthday wishes sentiment.
Inside the card sentiment "there's something fabulous about your birthday (must be you)" sentiment is from SU, actually all supplies for this card are SU, except the one punch I used on the corner of my yellow paper, which is CM.

Inside the card, I mimicked the scallop and purple polka dot design from the front of the card and added a few butterfly accents as well.

Well, let's hope that tomorrow brings us some nice Spring sunshine!
Have a great day!
~Melanie :)

No comments: