Sunday, April 11, 2021

Beautiful Butterfly



I really am enjoying creating with the butterfly brilliance stamp set.  Who doesn't like butterflies?  Especially in the spring!  And this card screams spring to me with the yellow and the teal.  I really love yellow for springtime.  

This beautiful yellow butterfly actually comes right from the Stampin' Up! DSP (designer series paper).  The paper lines up perfectly with the die for this set, and when it is used, it cuts out 6 different butterflies!  Cut them all at once, and set them aside to be ready for another project!  The white circle in the background is actually a paper doily.  It had more ruffled edges, but it was bigger than I wanted, so I cut the edges off.  Then I thought this just jade paper would match beautifully to the yellow.  I used a strip of DSP for the bottom and then a solid piece to make the tag behind the doily and butterfly.   I added some black in to tie into the butterfly lines and then some cute little yellow rhinestones to add just a touch of pizzaz!  what a fun word, pizzaz!  lol


And of course you know how i hate a blank inside of a card!  So i found an older SU set ( I don't even know which one off the top of my head) and I inked it up in the yellow and stamped it a few times across the bottom of the white cardstock without re-inking so it would have that ombre effect.

This card has no stamped sentiment, so it could be added later, or used as is to be for any occasion!
I have been having fun with these butterflies, so I will be sharing more soon.  Spring fever has gotten me!

Thanks for stopping by today!
~Melanie 

No comments: