Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Floraly Lace


 I saw this large lacy floral die and wanted it so badly, and it just arrived this past Saturday!  So last night when I just needed a little get away from life, I retreated to my craft area and opened it up.  I grabbed the first piece of cardstock near me that would fit the die and ran it through the machine (Regal Rose).  My next thought was, what can I lay this over?  I had recently used this DSP when making my Easter cards and it was nearby, so I thought it would go.  This is how my process works right now.  I have SO much stuff (and I have no idea how old this paper is or what set it came from) and my room is a little messy still, that I tend to keep using something when I have it near me from a recent project!   

Anyway, I was like, hmm, what else?  Then I saw that ribbon on the desk from Easter and thought YES!  Also in the set was this cute die for sentiments, so I checked out the stamp set that matches and saw this cute "You've been on my mind" stamp.  And thought, yes this would make a nice card for a friend.  Sometimes I think...birthday? sympathy? just because?  the card sometimes leads me.   So I used my Early Espresso marker to ink up the stamp and put it on cream card stock.  I used the cream for the base of the card as well.  Then I used the cute die to cut out the sentiment and mounted it on dimensionals.



Well, you can't ignore the center of the card!  So I used the same Regal Rose Cardstock and cut it to fit just inside the back base, leaving a smidge of the cream to show, as it does on the front of the card.  I then took a cute floral die from the stamp set, inked it with the Early Espresso marker and double stamped it on the corner of the card.  That is why one image is a little lighter than the other.  

That's it!  A pretty card that I am sure anyone would like to get to know that someone was thinking of them!  I also was playing with this stamp set and die for another card using a layout challenge, but did not finish yet.  I will share it later, so keep your eye out for a totally different look using the same stamp and die set!

Thanks for stopping by!
~Melanie




No comments: