Friday, April 16, 2021

Chickens for Birthdays?

 Yes please!  I love chickens for any occassion!  I have always wanted chickens.  Many years ago I took an old coop from a friend and it sat in my yard for years.  Then finally 2 years ago I said this is it, we are getting some, and I love my chick-a-babies!  So, I see stamp sets with chickens and am like "yes please"!


This first card was made for my daughter's 18th birthday!  I had wanted to put 18 on the front of the card, but my idea was to do it with die cut numbers, but I realized, I didn't have any!  LOL, either that or I could not find them in my messy room!  I used my Stampin' Up DSP as a backdrop and focal paper.  The image and sentiment is from the SU! Hey Birthday Chick set and he is colored in with my SU markers. 

Inside I put this cute little chick in his shell with a birthday hat on top!  


Also last month was my mother in laws birthday.  So, I pulled out the Birthday Chick stamp set again and this time used this crazy little chicken eating a cupcake for my image.  At the time my marker supply was pretty limited, so the coloring could use some improvement, but this chicken is so cute, he forgives me.   I found a similar card to this online and used it for inspiration- pretty much CASED the whole design.  I die cut the banners in lots of bright colored scrap pieces and the sentiment in black and then (pizzaz) rhinestones in black.  



Inside, I kept if very simple with a "you're still a spring chicken" sentiment from the same set.

This is such a fun set, I really hope to make some more great cards with it and now that my marker collection is back up to full swing, I can have fun playing with those colored feathers!

Thanks for stopping by today!
~Melanie 




No comments: