Saturday, April 24, 2021

Birthdays!


Last month I had 2 fun birthdays!  My granddaughter was turning 2 and my niece 21!  I had a lot of fun making these cards.  


Maddison's birthday party was donut themed and I was going to make a donut card, but I didn't have the right size circle cutters to make the donut.  So, I decided to go with cupcake!  This image is from an old stamp I have with a huge cupcake.  I stamped it on white cardstock and colored in the frosting with this bright pink color and red for the cherry topper.  I cut it out and added blue sparkle sprinkles and then I used my crystal effects to make the cherry glossy!  I used some DSP to make the cupcake paper holder, I thought the design reminded me of the folds in a cupcake wrapper.  I love how the turquoise DSP makes a bright background for the festive cupcake.  I die cut my happy birthday sentiment and that was it.  Easy and perfect for a 2 year old!

Now, what card would be perfect for a 21 year old?



I used Stampin Up! retired Cheers to You stamp set.  I stamped the drink images and colored with my markers.  I cut them into circles and matted them on old olive circles.  My niece is really a muted color person, favorite colors to wear are black and grey so I wanted a card that wasn't too bold.  But then I had to had some bright pink because it did need a punch of color!  Same Birthday die cut, i really love this die and can see it being used a lot with me!

Hope you enjoyed these birthday cards and thanks for stopping by today!

~Melanie  



 

No comments: